Name: Terius Behind Me
Writer/director: Oh Ji Young / Park Sang Hoon
Date: September 2018
Number of episodes: 32
Genre: Suspense, Comedy, Mystery
Based on book/manga?: No
Why did I press play? Great review – comments about endearing Ajummas.
A few thoughts and observations.
All-round fantastic drama. Easy to watch from beginning to end.
- Unconventional main characters: Twins, single mother, ajummas, ex-agents… This hodgepodge works together and creates something lively and unexpected.
- The main actress’ endearing attributes: mannerisms, nosiness, quirkiness, terrible fashion sense, humor, and compassion. On specific scene comes to mind: she asked Kim Bon to help her “brush up” on driving skills – turns out she basically can’t drive and the interaction between the two is priceless. She is to scared to exit the motorway and want to drive all the way to the outskirts of Seoul, where there are less cars, to exit
- Kim Bon is pretty good, I don’t find him all that attractive and didn’t get the warm and fuzzies about a potential romance. As far as a ex-secret agent and awkward, but awesome babysitter, he is an enjoyable character and So Ju Sub does a good job portraying him.
- The Ajummas are the highlight of the drama. It’s fantastic how unintentionally (but powerfully) KIS (I think that’s the right acronym) interferes with pretty much everything. The best scene is when they all walk about in slow-motion with their reflector vest and interrogate suspicious men (agents) who’d been lurking around the complex. The men run for the hills and are ordered to stop surveying the complex. In all aspects of life, they all work together, care, and go out of their way to support one another. On a side note.. It’s hilarious when Eun Ha with all her might tries to hide that she can’t speak a word fo English (well maybe one or two words) and get’s busted.
- The unexpected twists and turns. For example. Who the ultimate bad guy is.
- Some of the characters and plots are dull at times, such as the hit man, and Yong Tae and, Ji Yeon.
Overall an excellent watch!
Who are the main characters? Which actors play them?
Kim Bon played by So Ji Sub
Go Ae Rin played by Jung In Sun
Jin Yong Tae played by Son Ho Jun
Yoo Ji Yeon played by Im Se Mi (NIS agent)
Shim Eun Ha played by Kim Yeo Jin
Theme: Mysteries and Ajummas
What it’s good for? If you’re in the mood for a little action, suspense, and comedy.